Monday, May 31, 2010

Travel Thoughts Rewind... from Zambia

Been on the road ...err the air the last week from Canada to Zambia. Today we spent time at Miracle Life Church in Lusaka, Zambia. It's exciting to see the hunger of the people here for the things of God. Tomorrow we will spend time at a minister's conference then some time taping broll of the countryside hopefully. Plenty to come on that but ...
Here are some observations that I have made concerning overseas travel. Some are from my blogging from last year at this time ...and a few I have only recently learned.

-Bottled water is my friend.
-Internet access is always more expensive at the hotels with more stars after their name. Seriously this is something that is really ridiculous.
-No place in America is the traffic even close to how bad it is in Jakarta Indonesia. LA, NY and Houston combined are no comparison.
-A wool suit is not a good idea in Bangkok.
-Eating a Mowpani worm on a dare from a missionary kid is a dare I will take.
-My electric razor dies every time I go to Africa!
-Samoa is Hawaii 100 years ago (before the touristy stuff )
-More and more places are discontinuing postcards.
-It’s harder on the body’s internal clock going east across time zones then going west.
-I love Polynesian/Asian cuisine!
-My rep as a degenerate coffee drinker has led to everyone giving me coffee beans and getting me to the best coffee shops in their city wherever I go!
-I am not interested in a Fish Spa.
-The closer to the equator you get …the better your sunscreen needs to be.
-I am a huge fan of instant coffee. As long as it's the Sbux Via I brought with me

And on a more important note:
We need to daily pray for the challenges that our missionary friends are dealing with …that they would have favor with leaders and have their financial needs met.

No comments: