Friday, April 3, 2009

My Favorite Apps free from the net

Ok, so I promised my students that I would give my opinionated listing of free apps from the internet that I like and or use the most. While there are so many more that I am researching, this is for now. These are ranked in importance or most use by myself. Please comment back as to what ones or others that you like using.
10. Facebook- While it has become very mainstream to use it ...it's still a great way to stay in touch and network.
9. Gmail- I didn't really use this until I started blogging. One of the easiest interfaces for webmail.
8. YouTube- My first stop ...although there are better quality options ...this one is still top choice.
7. Skype- I have used this a lot when traveling overseas. I love that it's even more reliable than the earlier versions ...and that it's free!
6. You Version- Easy to use Bible app ...makes my Blackberry more anointed too.
5. People Browsr- Just discovered and love the way that it makes twitter more useful and organizes my lists of networked friends.
4. Hulu- I have been using this for well over a year (even before their big add campaign) it's my top choice for watching many of the newest shows ...and classic ones from when I was a kid!
3. Blogger- I know that there are other options ...but for now this is the one that I use for blogging.
2. Filezilla- For now I use this as my quick way to transfer web content to ftp and websites.
1. Twitter- No surprises here. I am big on this app and will continue until I find a better way to update my Facebook AND my blog at the same time.
Honorable mentions-
Ping, Delicious, and Tidal TV

No comments: